Memorial Day is May 28. It marks the start of summer for many, but it’s also become a huge opportunity for businesses to drive traffic with special offers and promotions. In terms of bargains available, Memorial Day is second only to Black Friday. Businesses need to ensure they stay top of mind ahead of Memorial Day to capture consumers for this opportunity.
- Driving Foot Traffic is Key | Local consumers are 18% to 20% more likely to shop in a physical store for clothing and home appliances.
- Incredible Bargains | Mspark consumers will be searching for mattresses and clothing as many retailers will discount products a minimum of 50%.
- Use the Mailbox | To catch the early shopping crowd and to stay top of mind, businesses will want to be in the mailbox for the Mspark May 1st in-home date. Don’t miss the order deadline in late March!
- Extended Opportunity | More businesses are extending their sales past the holiday. You can capture this audience with the Mspark May 29th in-home date (Order deadline is late April).
About Memorial Day Advertising
- 29% of consumers in Mspark geography are likely to take advantage of special sales and promotions over Memorial Day weekend.
- 24% of the sales last year fell on Memorial Day.
- 40% of Memorial Day purchases are clothing sales.
- 30% of sales focused on home items last year.
- 73% of Veterans Club Members responded to an ad/coupon in the mail in the past 12 months, the highest rated medium.
If you’re interested in advertising with us for Memorial Day, give us a call or fill out the form to get started today!
Prosper Insights & Analytics™
Monthly Consumer Survey, 2017,