Did you know consumers are spending more on the 4th of July than they have in recent years? Americans are expected to spend $300 million more on Independence Day cookouts and picnics this year, up from 2016. Consumers in Mspark’s footprint are more likely to attend/host a cookout, barbecue or picnic. Advertisers can prepare NOW by promoting Independence Day specials and offers. To catch the Independence Day crowd, advertisers need to be in mailboxes for the June 26th in-home date (orders due by late May).
Opportunities for Businesses Advertising for Independence Day:
- 48% of local consumers plan to purchase fireworks for the 4th of July
- 48% of consumers who plan to purchase fireworks were prompted by an ad in the mailbox in the last 30 days.
- 27% of rural consumers plan to purchase new patriotic items for Independence Day.
- 68% of Mspark’s consumers plan to celebrate with a cookout, barbecue or picnic.
- $7.1B will be spent on food this holiday.
If you’re interested in advertising with us for the 4th of July, give us a call or fill out the form to get started today!
Prosper Insights & Analytics™
Monthly Consumer Survey, 2017
2017 National Retail Federation